A simple meal for crazy week nights that’s loaded with flavor and veggies!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I used an aloha pepper, but feel free to use your favorite!)
- 1 jalapeño, diced and seeds removed (optional)
- 1 can no salt added Rotel
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 12 oz bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour cream for servung
- Cook ground beef in large skillet until just a little pink is left, breaking apart as it cooks.
- Add in peppers and onion, along with all seasonings. Stir to combine and cook for five minutes over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower rice, Rotel, and 3/4 cup cilantro into skillet, combining well. Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cheese into skillet, and stir until melted.
- Cook additional 2 minutes uncovered over high heat to boil off any excess water. Do not stir.
- After two minutes is up, stir and top with remaining cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired.