Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious. In under 15 minutes, you can have this healthy and flavorful meal on the table and ready to go!
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, tails off
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Blackened seasoning
- 1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Season shrimp with Blackened seasoning, stirring well to combine. Set aside.
- In large pot, saute green pepper and garlic in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 1 cup coconut milk and water into sautéed peppers, bring to boil. Add in rice, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for ten minutes. Stir in 1 Tablespoon cilantro.
- Meanwhile, in large saute pan, heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add shrimp and remaining 1 Tablespoon coconut milk into pan in single layer. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 2 minutes. Top with 1/4 cup cilantro, and stir well to combine.
- Serve shrimp over rice and along side vegetable of your choice.