This soup comes together with minimal prep and practically cooks itself!
- 1 Andouille sausage, sliced thin
- 1 can Rotel, no salt added (or your favorite preference)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small can (8 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 bag frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 package pre-cooked brown rice, or 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In six quart crockpot, combine first 8 ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in thawed shrimp and cooked rice, cook on high for 30 minutes to heat fully through.
- Serve immediately with jalapeno cornbread, if desired.