Comfort food the whole family will love with a sneaky veggie twist!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups diced broccoli florets
- 1-2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack
- 1 cup shredded gouda (or other desired cheese)
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (I used Banza rotini
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Spray 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray. Place broccoli and chicken in dish. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add into chicken and broccoli. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into florets. Boil in large pot, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Place cauliflower and 1/2 cup cooking liquid in food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour cauliflower back into pot and mix in one cup milk and seasonings. Stir to combine. Slowly add in shredded cheese, stirring constantly. Once all cheese is added in and melted, add more milk, if desired, until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour cheese sauce over top pasta mix. Stir to combine. (At this point, you can allow to cool and refrigerate for up to 3 days and cook later. Continue on step 7 when ready to cook.)
- Sprinkle casserole with breadcrumbs and top with tin foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and breadcrumbs are browned.