Packed with flavor, this soup can be simmered on the stove or in the crock pot!
- 1 Andouille sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 package frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can no salt added Rotel
- 8 oz Banza rice (or any other rice you prefer), cooked
- 1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
- In large pot, heat oil.
- Add in onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, and minced garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth to vegetables. Bring to boil.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetables. Stir well to combine. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
If making in the crock pot:
At step 3, transfer vegetables to crockpot and stir in all ingredients except shrimp. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add shrimp in half hour before serving.