This recipe was a new one for me. I found my inspiration in this month’s Rachel Ray magazine, and tweaked it a bit. And I will say it is amazing! By using ground turkey instead of beef, this recipe is healthier and still tastes amazing! Grain free, low in fat, and high in protein, this recipe is great for anyone who is looking for a healthy dish with a spicy kick!
Chipotle Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, diced
- 3 Tablespoons adobo sauce from peppers
- 1/4 cup salsa of your choice
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 4 bell peppers, sliced in half (I used 2 red and 2 orange, but any will work!)
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Sour cream
- Chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook turkey in skillet until no longer pink.
- Stir in onion, black beans, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and salsa until well mixed.
- Place halved peppers in casserole dish. Fill with meat mixture.
- Bake peppers for 20 minutes.
- Top each pepper with a dollop of sour cream, one or two jalapeno slices, and a sprinkle of chili powder.
Try serving these peppers with corn bread muffins or Spanish rice to round out the meal!
21 Day Fix Container Count (1/2 pepper)