A hearty and flavorful dinner skillet that utilizes all of that fall produce!
- 3 uncooked pork bratwursts, sliced on a 45° angle
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 12 oz bag brussel sprouts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan. Stir in sweet potatoes, onion powder, and chili powder. Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In separate large saute pan, cook sausage and bacon over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bratwurst and bacon should be browned.
- Remove bratwurst and bacon from pan, and discard all but 1 Tablespoon bacon grease. Add brussel sprouts into pan with bacon grease, and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour maple syrup into brussel sprouts and stir. Mix in sweet potatoes and meat, stirring well to combine. Serve immediately.