A healthy take on the southern classic!
This meal is great for meal prep! It comes together quickly, and you can assemble it now, and bake it later!
- 1 frozen package cauliflower rice, 12 ounces
- 1 can low sodium dark red kidney beans, rinced
- 4 pork or chicken andouille sausages, cut into 1/8″ slices
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 8-ounce can low sodium tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, or use less for less heat)
- Heat cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients. Stir well and set aside.
- Spray 3 quart casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Pour cooked cauliflower rice into casserole dish. Add in onion, pepper, sausage, and beans. Stir well to combine.
- Pour sauce over top rice mixture. Stir well.*
- Bake casserole at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Top with any leftover parsley, if desired.