Shake up taco night with nutrient dense sweet potato added to your skillet!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (or 1 large potato)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I used an orange pepper because it’s what I had on hand, but feel free to use your favorite)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- In large skillet, cook ground beef crumbling until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in separate skillet, heat olive oil for one minute. Add in sweet potato and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once ground beef is fully cooked, add in onion and bell pepper. Saute for about 2-3 minutes, or until onion begins to soften.
- Add salsa, beans, and taco seasoning into ground beef, stirring well to combine.
- Once potatoes are fully cooked, add into ground beef mixture. Stir gently to combine, being careful not to break up the potatoes.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately.