If you’ve ever had shrimp off of a food truck in Oahu and wondered how you can enjoy that same dish once you’re home, this is it! This tastes just like the real deal, and will have you feeling like you’re sitting on the North Shore!
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and shell on
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 1 head garlic, about 10-12 cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice concentrate
- 2 cups cooked white rice, divided
- In a large ziploc bag, combine shrimp with oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat shrimp evenly. Refrigerate for one hour, or up to 24 hours.
- In a shallow pan or plate, combine Marinated shrimp and flour, coating evenly.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute garlic for about a minute, and add shrimp. Cook about two minutes, then flip, and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Top shrimp with lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Stir to combine.
- Divide rice and shrimp onto two separate plates. Spoon any extra garlic butter on top of rice.