By using better for you ingredients, you won’t feel guilty indulging in this cheesy dish!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (2 cups) fat free low sodium beef broth
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta (I used elbow noodles and penne in an attempt to clean out my cupboards, but use any shape you like!)
- 1 can salt free Rotel, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheese (I used 2 oz Monterey Jack and 2 oz cheddar, but feel free to get creative!)
- Cook ground beef, onion, and jalapeños in large pan until beef is no longer pink, adding in seasonings after about 2 minutes.
- Pour broth, noodles, and canned tomatoes into pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over medium heat, cook milked and cream cheese. Stir constantly while cheese melts, about 4 minutes.
- Turn heat off and stir shredded cheese into cream cheese, mix well until fully melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over the chili, and stir to combine. Let sit about 5 minutes before serving to thicken.