Chinese food made at home! This dish was so fast and easy, it is a great choice for a busy weeknight dinner.
This lo mein could easily be made with steak or shrimp instead of chicken, and is a great way to use up any veggies in your fridge!
Chicken Lo Mein
- 8 ounces lo mein egg noodles (whole wheat spaghetti noodles will work if you can’t find lo mein noodles)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces chicken, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, torn
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Boil water for pasta.
- In bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ground ginger, Sriracha, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Saute chicken and garlic in olive oil, about 5 minutes, or until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add in red bell pepper, carrots, and onion, stirring frequently, cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas, cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in pasta and spinach, mixing well until spinach is wilted.
- Pour sauce over pasta, mix gently to combine.
Adapted from: Damn Delicious