A low carb – high veggie dinner that is perfect if you’re short on time!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 packages fresh or frozen riced broccoli – like Green Giant Frozen Riced Broccoli
- Dried basil, optional
- Drizzle olive oil in large skillet. Add in chicken and peppers. Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Cover chicken and cook on medium, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook riced broccoli according to package instructions.
- Mix salsa into chicken, turn heat to low and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle cornstarch into chicken. Mix well and cook, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Serve chicken over top riced broccoli. Sprinkle with dried basil, if desired.