What a crazy weekend this has been! I feel like I have been on the go nonstop, but I have been very productive! Dan and I managed to motivate and go to the gym both days this weekend which feels AMAZING! I also spent a few hours meal prepping today to help me not feel so busy during the week. It DEFINITELY helps when I want to hit the gym after work, but also want to have a home cooked meal.
A great idea for meal prep is making something in bulk that is healthy and easy to bring work. This Fiesta Chicken Salad is a great option when you’re trying to eat better and want to pack a lunch instead of spending money going out every day. This recipe will easily make enough to last one person a week!
Fiesta Chicken Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 small can corn, drained
- 1 can low sodium organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Rotel (I used hot, but you can also use Original if you aren’t a big spicy fan), drained
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix chicken with vegetables and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix Greek Yogurt with Cajun seasoning until blended.
- Mix yogurt mixture into chicken, stirring well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before enjoying.
Note: This chicken salad is great served on Romaine lettuce leaves, in pita bread, or on it’s own! For an extra crunch, try topping with crushed tortilla chips!
21 Day Fix Container Count (1/4 of recipe)