Comfort food made with a secret veggie twist that no one will notice!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour (I use gluten free)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 bag (about 1 pound) frozen diced potatoes
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1 can no salt added corn
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place bacon on sheet in single layer and bake according to package instructions. Allow to cool, and crumble or cut into small pieces.
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add in flour and stir, allow to cook for two minutes.
- Meanwhile in small skillet, cook garlic and onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Slowly add milk, chicken broth, and water into flour mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 of the potatoes and riced cauliflower into soup. Using an immersion blender, blend the potatoes and cauliflower until smooth.
- Add in remaining potatoes, corn, salt, pepper, ham, bacon, and cooked onion. Allow to simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese into soup and stir until melted.