First off, let me start by saying I can’t believe it has been almost THREE months since I posted anything! I apologize for that, and let me begin by explaining that it has been quite the crazy few months! Taking accelerated classes while working full time can be quite stressful, and on top of that, I have been wedding planning! That’s right! Dan asked me to marry him 🙂 So as you can imagine, things have been busy!
That being said, I have many new goals in mind! I plan on getting back into better shape, as well as eating better! But don’t worry, that doesn’t mean the end of yummy recipes, that just means you will see more recipes that are better for you AND delicious! How can you lose with that? I may also begin posting my journey through getting back in shape and all that entails. From workouts, to healthy meals and snacks, to staying on track (and lets be honest, probably falling off track as well). Feel free to share any of your tips and tricks along the way!!
So to begin with this whole new journey, I will start with a super simple recipe that comes together in a snap and is so delicious AND good for you! This is what I call a win-win-win.
Sante Fe Chicken
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons whole grain Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons each, divided:
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- In a greased 9×13 casserole dish, combine black beans, corn, onion, brown rice, cilantro, and 1 teaspoon of each seasoning.
- Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of each seasoning over top of chicken.
- Evenly spread bread crumbs over top of chicken, disregarding any leftover.
- Bake casserole at 425 for 30 minutes.