Make your own taco seasoning to add to chicken or beef! This is a great way to ditch the packet that is full of preservatives.
Servings: Equivalent of 1 packet, enough for 1 pound of meat
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for extra heat)
- Mix all seasonings together.
- When ready to use, mix the seasoning into 1 pound of cooked meat along with 1/2 cup water.
- This can be made ahead of time in bulk so you have seasoning mixed up for future use! Simply divide into small ziploc bags or containers and store in a cool dry place.
- Try this recipe for Mexican chicken using this taco seasoning! It is a great way to enjoy tacos, salads, enchiladas, and more!