A new take on nachos that saves on calories, but doesn’t skimp on flavor!
- One 3 lb bag mini peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet store bought taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Shredded lettuce
- Pickled jalapeños
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Taco sauce
- Spray 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cut stem off peppers and then cut in half. Place in casserole dish, covering the bottom. Set aside.
- Cook beef in skillet over medium heat, crumbling, until no longer pink.
- Stir salsa and taco seasoning into meat, mixing well to combine.
- Spoon meat overtop peppers. Top with cheese and cilantro. (If prepping for the week, allow to cool fully and cover. Refrigerate and follow remaining steps when ready to cook.)
- Cover casserole dish with tin foil. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove nachos from oven and top with desired toppings.