Crunchy, cheesy, and healthy! This asparagus is a great way to switch things up and add a new side dish to your favorite meal!
Sunday was a busy day! Dinner was cooking in the crock pot, Dan was busy working around the house, and I was chopping peppers. Between our garden and peppers given to us by friends, there was no way we were going to be able to use them all before they went bad. I decided to chop them all and freeze them into individual portions. I knew we had a lot, but I didn’t think there was this many:
2 hours later, we had 25 bags of peppers portioned out and going into the deep freezer. Looks like we won’t have to buy any peppers all winter!
So once the pepper cutting was FINALLY complete, I decided that I wanted to try something new for our veggie side to go with dinner. That is when the idea for these asparagus “fries” came about.
If you decide to try this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think!
Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- Mix bread crumbs and cheese in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Working in small batches, dredge the asparagus in the flour.
- Dip the asparagus in egg, then place in bread crumb mix.
- Roll asparagus in bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425, or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
One thought on “Parmesan Crusted Asparagus”