A delicious wheat and grain free alternative to nachos!
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet low sodium Taco seasoning (or make your own!)
- 5 bell peppers, assorted colors
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used chihuahua with jalapeños)
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, diced and seeds removed
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, hot sauce, diced onion – optional toppings
- Cook ground beef, crumble, and drain fat. Mix in Taco seasoning according to directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. Line large baking sheet with tin foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cut bell peppers into pieces, keeping original length of pepper, and about 1 inch wide. Remove seeds and membrane.
- Place peppers on baking sheet, and evenly top with beef.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese, jalapeno slices, and tomatoes. Bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and any additional toppings. Serve immediately.
21 Day Fix Container Count (not including optional toppings):
1 serving = 1/6 of pan