This 21 day fix approved Mexican Lasagna is loaded with all your favorite Mexican flavors, you’d never guess it’s actually healthy! Add this recipe into your meal planning for a new take on Taco Tuesday!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional to add heat!)
- 1 can organic re-fried black beans
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for more heat)
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Cook ground turkey in large saute pan, crumbling, until no longer pink.
- Stir peppers and sweet onion into cooked turkey, along with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro, and cayenne pepper, if desired. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until onions are opaque.
- Layer 6 corn tortillas in bottom of casserole dish. Spread half can of beans evenly over tortillas. Top with half of meat mixture. Repeat layers with tortillas, beans, and meat.
- Top casserole with cheese and green onions.
- Bake casserole, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with salsa or greek yogurt!
21 day fix serving = 1/6 casserole dish: