This shrimp jambalaya is a great weeknight meal when you’re short on time but don’t want to skimp on flavor! And don’t let the big flavor scare you, this recipe is so healthy, you won’t feel guilty if you go back for seconds!
Skinny Shrimp Jambalaya
- 2 chicken sausages, sliced
- 1 package frozen salad shrimp
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel (I use hot, but use whatever flavor is your favorite!)
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons Flavor God Chipotle seasoning (or any brand)
- Saute onion, celery, chicken sausage, minced garlic, and olive oil. Stir often, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in Rotel, chicken broth, and rice. Mix well and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in frozen shrimp, mix well and cover, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
21 Day Fix Serving:
1 cup equals =