A cheesy potato dish that doesn’t use “cream of” soups AND is better for you than traditional potato dishes! This is a great side dish for these colder fall days, and has minimal prep time!
I got my inspiration for this dish from a recipe I found here and changed a few things. I served it along side meatloaf! It was the perfect addition. Tastes like those potato dishes that you know are terrible for you, without all the guilt!
Skinny Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 (22 oz) bag frozen shredded potatoes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free (or skim) milk
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- Mix 1st seven ingredients together in large bowl, adding in 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Spread potato mixture in a greased 9×13 casserole dish. Top with additional shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
- Meanwhile, mix melted butter with bread crumbs.
- Remove potatoes from oven, top with bread crumbs. Bake an additional 30 minutes.
One thought on “Skinny Cheesy Potatoes”