Looking for an easy crock-pot meal that tastes like a splurge but is healthy? This roast is perfect for a busy work day or a great choice for a nice weekend dinner!
Red Wine Roast and Horseradish Sauce
- 1 3 lb beef roast
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium chicken (or beef) broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon each: salt, garlic powder, pepper, chili powder, combined
For the horseradish sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- crushed red pepper, for garnish
- Place roast and onions in a 6 qt. crock pot.
- Rub roast with seasoning mixture.
- Combine broth and wine. Pour over roast.
- Cook roast on low for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for horseradish sauce and refrigerate until roast is cooked.
- Break roast apart into large chunks. Serve with slotted spoon over brown rice and top with horseradish sauce. Top with crushed red pepper if desired.
21 Day Fix Container Count
1 1/2 red