Crock pot soup that packs a ton of flavor while staying low on calories!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 oz no salt added chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can corn, no salt added, drained
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced (optional, if you like heat)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 corn tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a six quart crock pot, combine corn, beans, Rotel, bell pepper, onion, jalapeños (if using), chili powder, and chicken broth. Top with chicken breasts and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Pull chicken out and allow to cool.
- Switch crock pot to high, and spoon out 1/4 cup broth. Mix in corn starch and stir well. Pour into crock pot, along with cheese, and stir to combine. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken once it is cool enough to touch. Add back into crock pot.
- Cut tortillas into strips using a pizza cutter.
- Heat oil in pan and cook tortilla strips until crispy. Remove from pan and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve soup topped with tortilla strips.