I have said in previous posts that I try to stick to healthy clean eating, but sometimes when money is tight and time is short, a quick easy dish is okay to indulge in! This chicken pasta is totally customizable to what you have in the house and to what you and your family likes.
First things first! I gathered the egg noodles, cream of chicken soup, corn, chicken, garlic powder, chili powder, Velveeta (not pictured) and one jalapeno (not pictured). If you aren’t a fan of spicy food, omit the jalapeno and chili powder.
After dicing the jalapeno and shredding the canned chicken into smaller pieces, I put them in a skillet along with the chili powder and garlic powder.
I then added 2 cups of hot water and the cream of chicken soup.
While waiting for the water to boil, I diced the cheese into smaller pieces, so it would melt faster.
Once the water began to boil, I stirred in the egg noodles and covered the pan, turning down the heat to medium. I let the noodles cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once the noodles were cooked, I stirred in the corn and Velveeta, covering once again. I let the cheese melt for another 3-5 minutes, mixing all together once melted.
Once cheese is melted, allow pasta to cool for 5 minutes, and then dig in!
Easy Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeds removed (optional)
- 1 (8.5 ounce) can corn, drained (Or any vegetables you want!)
- 4 ounces Velveeta
- Shred the chicken into smaller pieces, place in skillet. Top with diced jalapeno, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Pour in hot water. Stir in cream of chicken soup, mixing everything together. Bring to boil. Meanwhile, cut Velveeta into smaller pieces for easier melting.
- Stir in egg noodles, cover and reduce heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in Velveeta and corn, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes before enjoying.