My typical breakfast consists of either just a bowl of cereal or a scoop of Shakeology in my coffee, but today I was craving something spicy and more filling. An egg sandwich on a bagel thin with onions and jalapenos sounded like it would hit the spot!
I used one whole egg, plus one egg white, and then I fried the eggs in a frying pan until fully cooked.
Meanwhile, I sauteed a few slices of jalapeno and onion in oil until tender
I toasted a bagel thin for a couple minutes in the toaster, then topped one of the bagel halves with a slice of sharp chedder. I melted the cheese on the bagel thing in the microwave for 15 seconds.
Once the veggies were done, I put the cooked veggies on the cheese, so they had a chance to melt in and stick to the cheese.
I heated a piece of turkey bacon in the microwave for 10 seconds and put that on top of the veggies.
Once the egg was done frying, I put it on the bagel and topped it with the veggie and bacon bagel. Delicious, spicy, and filling! Probably not the healthiest breakfast in the world, but definitely better than going to McDonalds and picking up a breakfast sandwich!
Southwestern Egg Sandwich
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 1 whole egg, 1 egg white
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced and seeds removed
- 1/4 small onion, sliced
- 1 bagel thin, toasted
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese (or whatever kind of cheese you like!)
- 1 piece turkey bacon
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Fry the eggs in a frying pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Saute jalapeno and onions in olive oil until tender.
- Top one half of bagel with cheese, melt in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Warm turkey bacon in microwave for 10 seconds.
- Once vegetables are done, place them on top of bagel with cheese.
- Add bacon on top of vegetables.
- Place cooked egg on plain half of bagel. Top with other half, and enjoy!