This delicious pasta has such great flavor and is so easy, it’s perfect for a week night dinner when you’re short on time!
Creamy Bacon Pasta
-1 lb low sodium bacon
-1 small sweet onion, diced
-8 oz whole wheat pasta
-1 Tablespoon minced garlic
-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
-1 Tablespoon flour
-1 cup fat free milk
-2 Tablespoons low fat cream cheese
-1 Roma tomato, diced and seeds removed
-1 bunch green onions, diced
-salt and pepper to taste
-shredded parmesan cheese for topping
1. Cut bacon with scissors into small one pieces, about inch. Begin cooking in large skillet, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, set aside. Add in a teaspoon of oil, if needed, to keep noodles from sticking to pan.
3. Once bacon is almost cooked, drain grease. Add onion to the bacon, season with garlic, red pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook about 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add flour to bacon. Stir about 1-2 minutes, then add milk. Stir until smooth and milk thickens, about 2 minutes. Add in cream cheese, stir until melted.
5. Add pasta and salt and pepper to bacon. Stir until well combined. Turn off heat, top with tomato, onion, and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.