Chinese food made at home that won’t require a ton of ingredients to be bought, and is simple to throw together!
Sometimes we have a dinner win, and sometimes we have a dinner fail. Tonight, was definitely a dinner win. I love Chinese food, but there are no good options near me, so discovering a recipe I can easily make is a double win!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch and 4 Tablespoons cold water
- Cooked rice (I used Jasmine rice)
- In a large deep skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Stir in pineapple and red pepper. Cook additional 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together all other ingredients except cornstarch with cold water and rice.
- Pour sauce into chicken, cook until boiling. Stir occasionally, cooking about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir until fully blended.
- Mix cornstarch into chicken, stir to combine. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes, covered, before serving along side or on top of rice.