This healthy and colorful side dish is a great way to enjoy all those spring veggies, and is so easy to assemble!
Life has been crazy this week, and I will admit that I have not gotten myself into the gym yet. But! That does not mean I give up! This fitness thing is a continuing journey and one bump in the road doesn’t mean you turn around and give up!
That being said, eating healthy is one thing that I still try to stick with at least 2 out of 3 main meals of the day (plus snacks). This side dish is so delicious and is a great way to use up all those garden vegetables! I was a little skeptical when I first made this, because I’ve never really been a huge fan of zucchini or yellow squash. Once I tried it, I was instantly hooked! I’ve seen a few variations of this same recipe on other websites, but modified it to what I had in the house and was very happy with the results!
Summer Veggie Bake
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large zucchini squash
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Slice potatoes, yellow squash, and zucchini into slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Alternate vegetable slices in greased 1 quart casserole dish, standing up.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables. Top with seasoning.
- Bake vegetables at 425 for 30 minutes, covered.
- Uncover, top with cheese, bake for another 15 minutes.
21 Day Fix Container Count