I set out today to try a new recipe, but once I realized I didn’t have all the ingredients in the house, I decided to adapt it. My inspiration for this chicken came from Tapatio Marinated Chicken.
I sliced up half a small onion, 2 mini red sweet peppers, and 1 mini orange sweet pepper.
I then mixed together the marinade, which consists of 3 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tablespoon Sriracha, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash salt free fiesta lime seasoning, and 1 teaspoon dried cilantro.
I took a larch sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and folded it in half. I then laid it back flat, and sprayed Pam on the whole thing.
I placed the chicken on the tin foil, and then covered each side of the chicken breasts with the marinade.
Since I had some marinade left, I topped the chicken with the peppers and onions, and then poured the rest of the marinade over the vegetables.
I folded the tin foil back over the chicken, making sure to prevent the top from touching any of the food. I closed all the edges, and cooked the chicken at 400 for 20 minutes. If you are using a thicker chicken breast, you may want to increase this time.
Once I pulled the chicken out of the oven, I let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, carefully, I opened the tin foil packet, and voila!
I served each chicken breast, along with peppers and onions, on top of a brown rice medley. Delicious, easy clean up, and a better for you option for chicken!
Spicy Garlic Chicken Topped with Peppers and Onions
- 1/2 pound thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (could use thicker breasts or more chicken, just make sure to use more marinade and vegetables!)
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 mini sweet red peppers
- 1 mini sweet orange pepper
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash salt free fiesta lime seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 large sheet tin foil
- Pam non stick spray
- Slice 1/2 onion and peppers. Cut the peppers into rings, removing any ribs and seeds.
- Mix together oil, Sriracha, garlic, fiesta lime seasoning, and cilantro.
- Fold tin foil in half, so it will have a crease. Lay back flat, spray whole sheet with Pam.
- Place chicken on tin foil, cover both sides with marinade. Top with peppers and onion, pour any leftover marinade across vegetables.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes at 400. If using thicker chicken breasts, make sure to cook the chicken longer.
- Remove chicken from oven, let rest for 5 minutes before opening.
- Use caution when opening packet, as the steam will be very hot!
- Serve on top of brown rice or any side you like.