I’m a big fan of sugar snap peas, and am always in search of a new way to enjoy them. I came across this recipe for spicy sugar snap peas and decided to give it a try.
Since I didn’t have some of the ingredients in the house, I adapted it to the following recipe!
I didn’t have any fresh sugar snap peas in the house, but I did have a bag of Steamfresh Pure & Simple Sugar Snap Peas so I decided to use those. I put them in the microwave for only two minutes, to begin to thaw them out. I then put them in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of water and covered them, heating on high.
Meanwhile, I mixed together 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1 teaspoon Sriracha, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
Once the peas were almost fully cooked, I stirred in the oil mixture, and sauteed, covered, on low heat for another 2 minutes.
This was an incredibly easy and delicious side! Ready for the table in less than ten minutes and has great flavor! If you have any other ideas for sugar snap peas, please feel free to comment below!
Spicy Stir Fried Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 bag Steamfresh Pure & Simple Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat sugar snap peas in microwave for 2 minutes to thaw.
- Place peas in skillet with water, cover and heat on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Pour oil mixture into sugar snap peas, mix and re-cover. Heat for an another 2-3 minutes.