This cornbread is a great side for chili or soup, and comes together with ease!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn with jalapenos, drained
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- nonstick spray
- Place 9 in pie pan in oven preheated to 450 for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine milk, corn, butter, and egg. Add to dry ingredients and combine just until moistened.
- Spray pie pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into hot pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
One thought on “Jalapeno Cornbread”