A super simple recipe for crispy and cheesy chicken quesadillas that will have your family asking for more again and again!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 large burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Additional toppings (optional):
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Bake chicken breasts at 400° for 20 minutes, or until fully cooked. Allow to cool and shred chicken.
- Once shredded, heat chicken in skillet and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Pour water into chicken and stir well to combine.
- Allow chicken to cool fully before assembling quesadillas. Or, you can refrigerate for up to 3 days to make at a later time.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line w large baking sheets with tin foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place pans in oven while preparing quesadillas.
- On half of large tortilla, layer 1/4 chicken, 1/4 pico, and 1/4 cheese. Fold tortilla over top of fillings. Repeat with remaining 3 tortillas.
- Pull pans out of oven and carefully place quesadillas on pans. You should hear a slight sizzle.
- Bake quesadillas for 8 minutes. Carefully flip, and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes and cut in half. Serve with desired toppings.