This recipe is so simple, with minimal ingredients, and is good for you! Low in fat and carbs, but not lacking in flavor, this meal is easily prepped ahead of time for a great week night option!
Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 5 large zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground turkey, seasoning with pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Mix and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini in half, length ways. Scoop out the centers of zucchini, careful not to break through the skin, to make room for filling. Leave ends in tact, so the filling will not fall through. Discard all but 1/2 cup of zucchini pulp. Place zucchinis in a greased casserole dish large enough to hold all of your zucchinis, or use two if needed.
- Mix onion, zucchini pulp, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes into turkey.. Cook over low heat for five minutes.
- Spoon turkey filling into zucchinis. Top with cheese.
- Bake zucchini at 375 for 30-45 minutes.
21 Day Fix Container Count
1 zucchini =