Looking for a easy snack to have on hand? These are loaded with broccoli, so it is a great way to get your veggies, and they are delicious! I found my inspiration for this recipe here and changed it up a bit!
First things first, I chopped up half a bag of steamed organic broccoli. I’m not the biggest broccoli fan, so the smaller the pieces, the better for me!
I didn’t have Italian bread crumbs on hand, so I mixed up bread crumbs with oregano, parsley, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper. Feel free to omit the red pepper, but I like the kick that it gives these.
In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, broccoli, cheese, and 2 eggs. In the picture, there’s only one, but I realized when mixing that I needed another. This recipe is half of the original recipe the link will bring you to.
Form the broccoli mixture into small patties, and place on parchment paper. Bake at 375 for half an hour, flipping once after 15 minutes.
When they are done, they will be nice and brown and crispy on the outside.
And on the inside, loaded with cheese and great flavor!Enjoy them on their own, or try dipping them in fat free ranch for a great snack.
Broccoli Cheese Bites
Servings: Approx. 11 bites
- 1/2 bag organic broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- In mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs with seasonings. Mix well.
- Add in broccoli, cheese, and eggs. Mix together.
- Form into small patties, and place onto parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 for half an hour, flipping once halfway through.
21 Day Fix Count (approx 1/3 recipe)