Simple and delicious crockpot chicken tacos that are big on flavor, but not on effort!
I have major taco issues.. Seriously. Any type of Mexican food really. My coworker even got me a coffee cup for Christmas that speaks right to me
This must be a sign I have a problem , but I don’t care. Tacos are the best.
On a busy night, or after a long exhausting day, there’s nothing better than knowing you have dinner waiting for you in the crockpot! The fact this recipe combines that, and my love of tacos, is a HUGE win.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
Jalapeño Sour Cream:
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Place chicken in crockpot , and pour chicken broth and lime juice overtop. Top with Cilantro.
- Cook for 4 hours on low if thawed, 6-8 hours (depending on your crockpot) on low if frozen.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together ingredients for sour cream.
- When ready to serve, shred chicken and mix well with cooking liquid and cilantro.
- Place chicken in tortillas, top with sour cream and diced onion if desired.