A super simple one pan dinner that you can customize with what works best for your family!
Some week nights are crazier than others, and having an easy go to dinner that you know you can have on the table in under 20 minutes is a win! Plus, you can easily substitute the red pepper and broccoli for any veggies you have on hand, or what your family likes best!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups minute brown rice
- 2 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Add oil to large skillet, swirl to coat. Add chicken and season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook about 5 minutes. Add in bell pepper, stir to combine and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add in rice and broth, stir to combine and cover. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in broccoli, cook another 5-7 minutes, or until broth has mostly been absorbed.
- Turn off heat and top skillet with parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.