A hearty and delicious side that can pair with almost anything!
- 2 1/4 cups instant brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth to boil. Then, add in rice, cover, and simmer over low-medium heat for five minutes or until all the broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in oil until transparent.
- Once rice is fully cooked, mix in tomato paste, water, seasonings, cilantro, and beans. Stir well to combine.
- Serve along side of shrimp, fish, lobster, chicken, pork, or even beef!
21 Day Fix Container Count