Wow your family with this southern comfort food that is on the table in under 20 minutes!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned grits
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Heat milk until boiling. Add in grits and 2 Tablespoons butter. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes, or until thickened. Mix in cheese, stir well to combine.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in large skillet. Place shrimp in skillet and season with 1 Tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Allow to cook for 3 minutes, flip, and add in rest of seasoning. Cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon grits into two bowls or onto two plates. Spoon shrimp over top and drizzle with Cajun butter.