Comfort food without the guilt!
- 1 lb frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning mix (I use Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute)
- 1 Tablespoon flour (I use gluten free)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Place first 9 ingredients in large crock pot. Cook for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and add back into crockpot. Add in rice and switch heat to high.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Mixture will be thick.
- Add milk mixture into crock pot and stir to combine. Cook on high for 30 minutes before serving.