Fall is the perfect time to pull out your crock pot and smell this delicious chili cooking all day long!
As soon as fall hits, I crave all of the soups, chilis, and crock pot meals! So that is why I decided to share with you a new blog series called Seven Sundays of Soups! Each Sunday, for seven weeks, I will share a soup recipe! Whether it’s chili or chowder, crock pot or stove top, each recipe will be BRAND NEW!
I actually started came up with this chorizo chili with inspiration from my husband. He mentioned the idea of chorizo in chili, and the idea expanded from there! Black beans, jalapeños, and cilantro combine perfectly with the chorizo for a deliciously different take on chili!
- 1 lb ground chorizo sausage
- 1 15-ounce can low sodium black beans
- 1 15-ounce can low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 can no salt added Rotel
- 1 8.75-ounce can no salt added corn
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 jalapeños, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 serrano pepper, diced (optional for extra heat)
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- Diced onion
- Sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- Shredded cheese
- Cook and crumble chorizo in a large skillet. Cook until no longer pink, or until temperature of pork registers at 165°
- Spray six quart crock pot with nonstick spray.
- Add cooked chorizo and next ten ingredients into crock pot. Stir well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir before serving. Top with desired toppings.