Stuffed peppers are super easy and so customizable! These chicken peppers taste like tacos, and can be prepped in advance for an easy week night meal!
I have been trying to be better about having meals that are ready to go and require minimal effort when I get home. Working full time and taking online classes, well.. Let’s just say there isn’t a whole lot of free time. So when I come up with something that Dan can pop in the oven as I’m on my way home and come home to dinner on the table, I’m a happy girl!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup salsa (I used homemade, but any kind will work!)
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced and seeds removed
- 4 bell peppers, any color, tops and insides removed
- Grease large round or square casserole dish. Place peppers inside, standing up, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil. Place chicken in oil and season with chili powder and cumin.
- Cook chicken about 3-5 min each side, or until fully cooked. Allow to cool enough to shred.
- Once chicken is shredded, place back in skillet and combine with salsa, onion, jalapeño, and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted and ingredients are fully combined.
- Spoon chicken evenly into peppers
- If baking right away, bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes. Otherwise, allow to fully cook before refrigerating, and then cook when ready for the same amount of time.
- Top peppers with more cheese when there is about 5 minutes left in cooking time.
- Serve topped with sour cream or Greek yogurt
21 Day Fix Container Count