These deconstructed plates are filled with so much flavor and are the perfect recipe for a light dinner that will leave leftovers for lunches the next day!
- 4 Mediterranean chicken burgers – or you can make these chicken burgers from scratch!
- 2 cups water (or how much water your rice calls for)
- 1 cup quick cook white rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup kalmata olives
- 1 cup hummus (I used garlic, but feel free to use whatever flavor you prefer!)
- 4 pieces of pita bread
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Boil water and rice in pot with garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Cover once boiling and reduce heat to low. Cook according to package directions.
- Cook chicken burgers according to package directions, or follow directions on recipe included above.
- Build four separate plates by layering the following : rice, burger, onion, tomato, feta, cucumber, and hummus. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with pita bread.