I’ve never made burrito bowls before, and they have always sounded amazing, so I decided now was as good as any time! I used this recipe I found as my inspiration (http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2014/03/chicken-burrito-bowls.html) and made a few tweaks. I also cut the recipe down, as I only wanted to make two servings.
I decided to go with brown rice, corn, red pepper, tomato, onion, green onion, chicken, and jalapeno.
First, I put 1 cup of brown rice into each Tupperware container
I then topped it with 4 oz of chicken seasoned with spicy ranch seasoning (I meant to use taco seasoning, but forgot to buy some at the store, and I had a little bit of the spicy ranch seasoning left from another recipe I was making the same day. It actually ended up tasting awesome!)
On top of the chicken, I added diced red pepper, green onion, tomato, and onion.
For the final touch, I added sliced jalapeno, with the seeds left in. I’m a BIG spicy food fan, so leaving the seeds in gives me the heat that I love.
You can find this dip at Costco, and it is amazing! I use it for a lot of things, and I thought it would be a great addition to these burrito bowls!
Chicken Burrito Bowls
Servings: 2 bowls
- Tyson Grilled and Ready Diced chicken, 8 oz bag
- 1/2 packet spicy ranch seasoning
- Minute Rice, brown rice, individual cups (2)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, diced
- 1/2 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 can chipotle corn
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Skotidakis jalapeno greek yogurt dip, as desired
- In two separate Tupperware containers, first layer rice.
- In a separate bowl, season chicken with ranch seasoning. Then, layer chicken on top of rice.
- Mix all diced veggies together, except jalapeno slices. Layer veggies on top of chicken.
- Add sliced jalapenos to top of veggies
- When ready to serve, top with greek yogurt dip, and enjoy!