Talk about a delicious snack! I was kind of hesitant when it came to this recipe, but WOW! I found the recipe here: http://www.mandysrecipeboxblog.com/2013/06/veggie-bars.html
I decided to use a spicy ranch mix instead of the regular ranch, because I’m in love with anything spicy. I also used greek yogurt instead of mayo, and it still tasted great!
After cooking the seamless croissant dough for 10 minutes, I topped it with the mixture of greek yogurt, cream cheese, and 1/4 of the spicy ranch seasoning packet.
I decided to use broccoli, red pepper, shredded carrots, green onions, and chopped spinach. After spreading the veggies across the top of the bars, I put them back in the oven on broil for just under 5 minutes. It crisped up the edges of the crust a little, as well as gave the veggies a chance to melt into the cream cheese mixture.
And the result is amazing! I probably could have sat and ate the entire pan, but I managed to have some self-control.
Veggie Snack Bars
(1/2 recipe compared to original recipe)
Servings: 10 bars
- 1 package Pillsbury seamless crescent dough
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 package cream cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 spicy ranch seasoning
- broccoli, red pepper, green onions, spinach, shredded carrots (all chopped and mixed together)
- Roll dough out onto pan, bake at 350 for 10 minutes. When done, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together greek yogurt, spicy ranch seasoning, and cream cheese.
- When dough has cooled, spread cheese mixture over top.
- Sprinkle veggies across the cheese mixture.
- Put bars back into oven on broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and cut into 10 bars.