On cold snowy days, there’s nothing better than coming home to a crockpot full of delicious chicken chili!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1 small yellow onion , diced
- 1 packet low sodium Taco seasoning
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can low sodium northwestern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 8 oz block reduced fat cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- In a large crockpot, place chicken breasts in the bottom, and top with jalapeños, onion, green Chiles, beans, and corn. Sprinkle Taco seasoning over top, and pour in chicken broth .
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- When done cooking, pull out chicken and shred. Place back in crockpot, and stir in shredded and cream cheese. Stir well. Cook on high for half hour, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with crushed red pepper and cilantro if desired.