By slow cooking the pork all day, you get meat that doesn’t dry out, and by frying up it in oil, you get the crispy carnita flavor!
- 1 1/2 lb pork loin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
For the tacos –
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- Diced sweet onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Trader Joe’s Green Dragon Hot Sauce (my personal FAVORITE hot sauce!)
- Spray crock pot with nonstick spray. Place pork in crock pot and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon seasonings. Carefully place jalapeño slices on pork, as seen below. Pour water into crock pot, careful not to pour over pork. Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- When pork is done, pull from crock pot and shred.
- Place into large skillet and drizzle with olive oil and 1 Tablespoon chili powder. Cook over medium high, covered, for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Stir once, and cook for additional 3 minutes. Stir, and cook for additional 2 minutes if more browning is desired.
- Serve pork in tortillas topped with onion, cilantro, and sauce.
21 Day Fix Container Count-
1 serving = two tacos
1 ❤️1 💛1 🥄