A simple side dish that has a kick to it! These potatoes pair perfectly with a grilled steak, pork chop, or even chicken!
I’m all about short cuts to help make eating healthy easier. By using packaged red potatoes, I didn’t have to give much thought into if I had too many, (I usually make WAY too much when it comes to potatoes) and by cooking in the microwave, I saved some time as well!
- 1.5 lb package steamable red potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes according to directions on package.
- Place potatoes in medium pot, and smash to desired consistency. Add in milk, butter, horseradish, and parsley. Cook over low heat, stirring well to melt the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.