Looking for a simple salsa recipe? Then you have found it! This salsa comes together in under 5 minutes, and is amazing! Whether you have surprise guests and want to wow them, or you are looking for a great side for your tacos, this salsa is the way to go!
Usually, trying to find a recipe that is both good for you AND easy is not that simple to do. Most healthy ingredients are expensive, and don’t always have the easiest prep. Well, today that is not the case! This skillet comes together with better-for-you ground turkey, brown rice, and it is chock full of veggies!
By this point, you’re probably wondering if I ever make anything that isn’t chicken. The answer is yes, but not quite often. Red meat doesn’t sit well with me, so I mainly stick to chicken, with turkey and fish thrown in sometimes.
With that being said, you HAVE to try this recipe! One of the easiest I have posted so far! Only took about 10 minutes to throw together, and there is minimal clean up!
Fad diets can be hard to follow because they are usually expensive, and leave you still hungry or with tons of cravings. Eating clean allows you to enjoy food the way it is meant to be: unprocessed and delicious! These tips and tricks will help you begin the transformation into clean eating. Remember! You don’t have to do a full change all at once! I know more than anyone that life can get hectic and we don’t have time to eat 100% healthy all day every day. And don’t feel bad if you still enjoy the not-so-good-for-you foods every now and then. Life is all about moderation!
- Ditch the processed foods! This means getting rid of all of the pre-packaged meals. The Hamburger Helper, the Kraft Macaroni, the granola bars, the pre-seasoned meat. These are all loaded with preservatives that are doing more bad for you than good.
- Ditch the white bread! This doesn’t mean just the bread either! Ditch the white rice and regular pasta noodles as well! Stick with brown rice, and whole-grain noodles and bread.
- Shop the perimeter! The perimeter of a grocery store is usually your produce, meat, and bread. The inner aisles consist mostly of all the processed stuff that is no good for you.
- Drink more water! Aim to drink half of your body weight in ounces every day.
- Meal prep! Take the time once a week to prep meals and snacks. This helps you resist the urge to eat junk, as well as stick to cleaner foods because you are consciously setting the time aside to cook your meals.
This is just the beginning to a better you, but with these 5 tips, you will be surprised to see how much better you feel! Make sure to check out my meal prep recipes for inspiration!